[MPlayer-users] How to play an XCD?

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Thu Apr 10 16:56:40 CEST 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:55:25 +0200
compisoft at web.de wrote:

> I now have a problem with burning this XCD ;)
> Please correct me if this is the wrong mailing list %)

Well, strictly speaking it is, but since your problem has never been
due to mplayer anyway...

> I wanted to burn the xcd with the toc file instead of the cuesheet:

Both should work if they, and your .bin, are correct.

> And the error:
>
> ERROR: Track 1: Requested length (844480896 bytes) exceeds length of
> file "dm.bin" (844128096 bytes at offset 0).
> ERROR: Toc file "dm.toc" is inconsistent.

Something is not correct. Can you play your .bin file with

mplayer -vcd 1 -cuefile whatever.cue

As I mentioned before XCD .bin files should have two tracks. Yours has
only one. You will not burn a working XCD with this .bin. You need to
extract the movie and build a new .bin with mode2cdmaker. If the .bin
plays with the above command add -dumpstream to extract the movie. If
it doesn't play either try to get a valid .bin/.toc with cdrdao or get
the movie from somewhere else.

http://xcd.sourceforge.net/

Martin