[MPlayer-users] MPEG2

Stefan Bogner linux at bochi.org
Thu Apr 10 20:34:22 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2003 20:11 schrieb Sycotic Smith:

> First of all, you need to use a few more options for mencoder.  This works
> for me, but if you want to author a DVD, I can't offer any help past this
> mail.  Your best bet for this would be to use tmpgenc, as that's one of the
> things it was written for.  Best case scenario, you *might* be able to get
> an (S)VCD out of this, IF you use the correct specs (dimensions, bitrate,
> etc).  See TOOLS/mencvcd for an example script.

Authoring a DVD is no problem (I am using SpruceUp on wine), the only thing is
that you have to convert the audio stream to 48 khz. I patched SpruceUp´s
supportlibs.dll so that the app doesnt care about the wrong resolution of the
video stream (and it works on every dvdplayer I tried yet ;-).
I already did it with TMPEG (works fine, but there seems to be a bug with
pal/ntsc at merging mpeg2).

I dont want to use TMPEG because I want to write a script which prepares the
mpeg2 streams for autoring.

> cat *.mpg >output.mpg
> mencoder output.mpg -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -oac
> copy -o newoutput.mpg

mencoder will reencode the video stream to mpeg1 with this options, won´t it?
I tried this, and it seems to take veeeery long...

Thanks and regards,
Stefan