[MPlayer-users] MPEG2

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Apr 10 20:11:41 CEST 2003

> Hi,
>
> well, maybe I´ll get a RTFM or something for this question, but: I read it and
> I checked the archives and did NOT find an answer for my problem.
>
> I´m trying to make 1 huge mpeg2 file from 2 mpeg2 files (svcds). I tried it
> with
>
> 	cat *mpg | mencoder - -ovc copy -oac copy -forceidx -o output.mpg
>
> The result is 1 big file (as I want it), but my problem is that the
> mpeg-header seems to be broken (I cannot rwd/ffwd or even author this file to
> a dvd). Is "-forceidx" only for .avi files? The last output is something like
> "Fixating AVI header"...
>
> Any hints? :)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Kind regards,
> Stefan

First of all, you need to use a few more options for mencoder.  This works for me, but if you want to author a DVD, I can't offer any help past this mail.  Your best bet for this would be to use tmpgenc, as that's one of the things it was written for.  Best case scenario, you *might* be able to get an (S)VCD out of this, IF you use the correct specs (dimensions, bitrate, etc).  See TOOLS/mencvcd for an example script.

cat *.mpg >output.mpg
mencoder output.mpg -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -oac copy -o newoutput.mpg

Good luck!
/S. Smith