[MPlayer-users] ude/uwm problem

Leo Barnes leobarnes at insightbb.com
Wed Apr 16 19:20:59 CEST 2003

First, thank you to the developers for the outstanding work in
producing mplayer.

I have RTFM'd and searched the maillist archives but have not seen
my problem addressed.  I am attempting to use mplayer with uwm/ude
because of the borderless windows.  I have obtained the following
results:
  mplayer-0.9.0rc3 works flawlessly

  mplayer-0.9.0rc4
  mplayer-0.9.0rc5
  mplayer-0.9.0    all display no video.  The normal mplayer
messages are displayed, the audio plays, the status bar updates,
but there is no video.

This problem exists with the following systems (all
combinations):

Kernel: 2.4.20
XFree:  4.2.0 / 4.2.99 / 4.3.0
Driver: XFree nv driver / nVidia closed source driver
        (with GeForce 2 card)
ude/uwm: 0.2.8a
gcc: 2.95.3 / 3.2.2

Note that all of the above versions of mplayer work with other
window managers (e.g. xfce).  The tests were run by changing
the wm startup in .xinitrc.  All other aspects of operation were
identical (e.g. XF86Config).

Has anyone else seen this problem or do I need to start doing a
binary chop on the cvs sources between rc3 and rc4?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight.

Leo