[MPlayer-users] mplayer and alsa9/dmix

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Apr 19 05:03:30 CEST 2003

Florian Schmidt wrote:

> Hi, i try to use mplayer with the dmix plugin.

[snip]

There was another post like this somewhat recently. I quote my response
to that mail:

I don't know much about alsa (the docs tend to confuse me), but I do
know that mplayer can output to any existing alsa PCM. For example, if
I define a custom PCM in my .asoundrc called blah, then I can use that
with mplayer -ao alsa9:blah

In your case, this might be as simple as -ao alsa9:plug:dmix.

Hopefully that'll be enough for you to work from.

-Corey