[MPlayer-users] new inverse telecine filter!

Brian J. Murrell 61e8651c2f3323ff605f734f39ea7f3a at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Apr 29 19:50:40 CEST 2003

X-From mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca

My applogies if you see this multiple times -- it seems my first 2
attempt have gotten trapped by size restrictions.  The cancel URL in
the autoresponder message don't seem to work.  They return "Not Found"
errors.

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 21:41, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Hey, I've just committed a new filter for inverse telecine, much
> better than the old one. Invoke it with -vf ivtc, and an optional
> argument 1 if you want frame dropping (for use with mencoder).

OK.  I tried it out.  I seemed to get a lot (i.e. every 4th frame, but
not entirely consistently every 4th frame) duplicate frames in the
resultant file.

My command line:

$ mencoder -v -vop ivtc=1 -ofps 23.976 -of avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128:mode=1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts ildct:vcodec=mpeg4:aspect=640/480:vbitrate=2000 -o test.avi test.mov

I have uploaded a sample to
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ivtc-duplicate-frames.mov.

This is the first 15 seconds of last night's CSI: Miami as recorded from
analog cable to MJPEG format in a quicktime container.

The output from the above mencoder command (with \r translated to \n
for readability) has been uploaded to
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ivtc-duplicate-frames.mencoder.output.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>