[MPlayer-users] new inverse telecine filter!

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Apr 29 21:37:42 CEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 01:50:40PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> X-From mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca
>
> My applogies if you see this multiple times -- it seems my first 2
> attempt have gotten trapped by size restrictions.  The cancel URL in
> the autoresponder message don't seem to work.  They return "Not Found"
> errors.
>
> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 21:41, D Richard Felker III wrote:
>
> > Hey, I've just committed a new filter for inverse telecine, much
> > better than the old one. Invoke it with -vf ivtc, and an optional
> > argument 1 if you want frame dropping (for use with mencoder).
>
> OK.  I tried it out.  I seemed to get a lot (i.e. every 4th frame, but
> not entirely consistently every 4th frame) duplicate frames in the
> resultant file.
>
> My command line:
>
> $ mencoder -v -vop ivtc=1 -ofps 23.976 -of avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128:mode=1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts ildct:vcodec=mpeg4:aspect=640/480:vbitrate=2000 -o test.avi test.mov
>
> I have uploaded a sample to
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ivtc-duplicate-frames.mov.
>
> This is the first 15 seconds of last night's CSI: Miami as recorded from
> analog cable to MJPEG format in a quicktime container.
>
> The output from the above mencoder command (with \r translated to \n
> for readability) has been uploaded to
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ivtc-duplicate-frames.mencoder.output.

I don't see the file....are you sure you uploaded it?

BTW, most likely this means the input content is NOT telecined, but
just plain 60 field/sec interlaced. It's also possible that you
captured at the wrong framerate (i.e. anything but 29.97 is wrong).
But I'd like to look at the file anyway to make sure, so let me know
where you put it...

Rich