[MPlayer-users] mencoder sound quality when recording from tV

Andre Bruce abruce at ig.com.br
Mon Aug 4 04:59:52 CEST 2003

Just found some info which is probrably relevant to my sound problem.
When i run mencoder it says:

help please:

Card reports an unknown audio mode !
Trying two channel audio. Use forcechan to override.
Audio mode setup warning!
Requested mode was mono, but v4l still reports unknown.
You may need "forcechan" option to force stereo/mono audio recording.
audio block size too low, setting to 16384!
Using input 'Television'
[V] filefmt:9  fourcc:0x32315659  size:640x480  fps:29.00  ftime:=0.0345
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 176400->176400 (1411.2
kbit)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm:pcm (Uncompressed PCM)

brc