[MPlayer-users] encoding mpegs for windows users

Ross Fawcett claymen at walan.org
Mon Aug 4 08:48:51 CEST 2003

Tell them to install the ffdshow codec, it plays all mpeg4/divx/xvid etc
content and its VERY fast. eg its the dshow filter made from ffmpeg's
libavcodec.

www.doom9.org in the downloads section has a link
installing that should fix any problems, and give them the benefit of much
faster playback.

 - Ross