[MPlayer-users] Newbie with RH 9

john sandidge jsandidg at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 8 01:11:32 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm a newbie using Red Hat 9.  I downloaded the rpm packages (as per
instructions for gui vs) and codec packages that I thought I needed.  I
start mplayer....but nothing happens.  I thought that maybe I could fix
the problem by downloading the rpms for RedHat 8.0 (nonsupported), which
I did. I installed these, seemingly....but still, nothing happens when
mplayer is opened.  I thought that I could delete everything and start
over using rpm -e package name, but I get a message saying that the
packages are not installed?????.  HELP. I think that I now have files
everywhere, some conflicting with one another...and still no working
mplayer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John