[MPlayer-users] Re: recording from video tapes (a novice question)

GS HUNT ghunt at cogeco.ca
Sat Aug 9 19:31:56 CEST 2003

I tried to play you AVI file.... with a 48000khz card and I got no sound

The last few  Mplayer releases fixed any sound card issues I had.
Even before the fix, I've always had sound.. It would just play at the wrong
speed.

The fact that you are getting no sound consdering these things suggests a
recording problem rather than a playback....

If I were to guess I would say that the sound feed is not hooked up correctly
to your computer... or your mixer settings are too low or muted.

Gary