[MPlayer-users] MENCODER: AuDIO OF SYNC when recording from TV

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Aug 11 21:45:53 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:01:30AM +0200, Fabio Papa wrote:
> On Monday 11 August 2003 10:48, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 08:50:22AM +0200, Fabio Papa wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

> > > That is what I'm doing right now, so it seems to be ok, after all!
> > > Anyway, while I got the ghosty effect with pp=lb as you suggested, I'm
> > > not too sure about it when scaling without deinterlacing. I guess I could
> > > give it a go, since median deint gives other stuttering problems with
> > > some Voyager shows!
> > > Thanks anyway!
> >
> > I dunno about Voyager, but ST:TNG is NOT interlaced but rather
> > telecined. If the same is true for voyager, you need to inverse
> > telecine instead of using a deinterlacer of you'll kill quality and/or
> > make ghosts (depending on which deinterlacer).
> >
> > BTW, personally I would recommend not going to the trouble to record a
> > bad show like voyager... ;)
>
> Well, it certainly is not on par with tng, but I am a sooo great fan of st
> series...
> Anyway, to keep it on topic, I must have said before that I live in .it, so
> its PAL land here. So telecined is not an option, right?
> Thanks again!

If you're in PAL land, I would expect that TV shows made on film (such
as ST:TNG) would come through entirely non-interlaced (2:2 pulldown).
So if you're getting interlacing on Voyager, it's probably not
produced on FILM, but rather with normal TV cameras. Then they
probably do something weird to convert it from NTSC to PAL...

Rich