[MPlayer-users] Re: --enable-tdfxvid

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Sat Aug 16 00:10:31 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:46:33AM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> on Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:09:23 -0400 (EDT) you wrote:
>
> > "mplayer -vo tdfx_vid ..." appears to play, and the video is
> > visible, but the colors are quite wrong.  does the 3dfx's fb have
> > to be initialized in a certain manner so that the color info
> > isn't misinterpreted?
>
> Probaly a litle colorspace bug. iirc i have some colorspace fix in
> my dev version. I'll try to update the cvs in the next days.
> In the mean time -vf swapuv may help you.

Tried the "-vf swapuv" option, but still looks the same with the very
messed up colors.  I may not be setting up the fb the most ideal way.
This is what I'm using:

	fbset 800x600-72 -depth 24

Do you suggest using a different method?

> This is because tdfx_vid use "AGP move" wich seems damn fast. And
> another advantage of tdfx_vid is that you can use it in X11 with
> -vo xover:tdfx_vid :)

It looks absolutely great in X, so X is probably setting up the
fb in some way that's better than what I'm accomplishing manually.

I didn't know about the "xover:"... that's excellent.  works
perfectly for me except for a strange effect that causes the
overlay area to go a solid pink when focus is switched between
windows (have tried in both twm and fvwm).  it's not too bad since
when the video is playing it's only a brief blip of the solid
pink, but if paused the area remains that way until play is
resumed.  but most of the time when I'm watching videos I'm not
playing around with my desktop windows, so it's not really an
annoyance.

--
robh