[MPlayer-users] Re: --enable-tdfxvid

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sat Aug 16 00:46:28 CEST 2003

Hi Robert Henney,

on Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:10:31 -0400 you wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:46:33AM +0200, Alban
> Bedel wrote:
> > on Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:09:23 -0400 (EDT) you wrote:
> >
> > > "mplayer -vo tdfx_vid ..." appears to play, and the video is
> > > visible, but the colors are quite wrong.  does the 3dfx's fb have
> > > to be initialized in a certain manner so that the color info
> > > isn't misinterpreted?
> >
> > Probaly a litle colorspace bug. iirc i have some colorspace fix in
> > my dev version. I'll try to update the cvs in the next days.
> > In the mean time -vf swapuv may help you.
>
> Tried the "-vf swapuv" option, but still looks the same with the very
> messed up colors.  I may not be setting up the fb the most ideal way.
> This is what I'm using:
>
> 	fbset 800x600-72 -depth 24
iirc the overlay can only work in 16 bit

> Do you suggest using a different method?
try 16 bit depth

> > This is because tdfx_vid use "AGP move" wich seems damn fast. And
> > another advantage of tdfx_vid is that you can use it in X11 with
> > -vo xover:tdfx_vid :)
>
> It looks absolutely great in X, so X is probably setting up the
> fb in some way that's better than what I'm accomplishing manually.
>
> I didn't know about the "xover:"... that's excellent.  works
> perfectly for me except for a strange effect that causes the
> overlay area to go a solid pink when focus is switched between
> windows (have tried in both twm and fvwm).  it's not too bad since
> when the video is playing it's only a brief blip of the solid
> pink, but if paused the area remains that way until play is
> resumed.  but most of the time when I'm watching videos I'm not
> playing around with my desktop windows, so it's not really an
> annoyance.
It's a know problem. The register used to enable the overlay
control some other things too. And sometimes X erase it,
turning off the overlay :(
I need to hack the X server to solve this. But i'm too lazy
to do that vs. the small annoyance.
BTW with current cvs version a have a pink line above the video.
I don't know if it the driver or my wm or ... If you experience
the same then i'll fix the cvs asap.
	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.