[MPlayer-users] Re: Render subtitles into PNG images?

Oliver Fromme olli at secnetix.de
Sat Aug 16 22:24:06 CEST 2003

Luis.F.Correia <Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt> wrote:
 > > Adding ``-vop expand=720:576:0:0:1'' did the trick.
 > > Now the subtitles are rendered into the images.
 > > (Actually, 720x576 is the original size of the video,
 > > so no expansion takes place.  The important thing is
 > > the last ``1'' which enables subtitles.)
 >
 > you can also try '-vop expand=-1:-1:-1:-1:1'

Are you sure?  I haven't tried it, but according to the
docs, -1 doesn't mean to use the original values:

   "Negative values for w and h are treated
   as offsets to the original size, e.g.
   expand=0:-50:0:0 adds a 50 pixel border
   to the bottom of the picture."

So -1:-1 would add a border of 1 pixel, which I don't
want.  But I guess expand=0:0:0:0:1 could do the right
thing (according to the example).  I'll try that the
next time I need it.  Thanks for the hint.

Regards
   Oliver

"If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when was the
last time you needed one?"
        -- Tom Cargil, C++ Journal