[MPlayer-users] About your manuals...

Ross Fawcett claymen at walan.org
Mon Aug 18 13:32:33 CEST 2003

The only reason ive used pdf's before is in documents where I want the output
to look the ame no matter what browser or OS is viewing it, that and i dont
want it to be edited etc. Eg my resume and a number of other bits n pieces I
have around. These manuals for mplayer really dont need to be super accurate,
and you do have a point its as easy as point and click to print it all, but
for the most part you can just print all the html files by selecting them and
clicking print too :) The man pages are just one big file as well so you can
print that out and that should come out ok. In the end its not a big deal
that there arent pdf's its not that much more work to print it from HTML &
man pages. But it is a pain to routinely keep the pdf's up to date, and also
I dont know how well they would go being transfered across CVS, straight text
means patch's can be sent easily.

- Ross