[MPlayer-users] About converting MPEG -> DivX ...

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Mon Aug 18 14:41:36 CEST 2003

Hi!

While I have got meanwhile a lot of answers about my question in belong to
manuals, I didn't see any belonging to the more important theme, converting
several video formats into AVI/DivX4.

Seems that I have touched a very sensitive or impossible point?

Please, be so kind and help. The documentation is definitely NOT enough; it
basically shows the principle of converting VOB/AVI/... -> DivX4-AVI, but it
scraches only a very little bit on the surface. What is described on three
pages in the docs, is definitely not enough to solve my problems.

Please, have a look on my earlier question from today, about "trans-coding"
film files to read about my problems, I do not want to repeat all this again.

What I currently get with mencoder, is definitely a big problem with
XINE player, so mencoder is not really useful at this time, until I know how
to use it correctly.

Maybe, somebody can help?

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch