[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS

Jamie McLaughlin jamiemclaughl26 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 23 18:09:29 CEST 2003

(previously named "Quicktime crash... >:|", but got it returned :-X)

I compiled the most recent source, and have no problems playing movies and
everything else through the console...

My boyfriend, however, is NOT at all computer literate, and I'm quite afraid
of him poking around my console (hahahahaha), so I installed the most recent
rpm (since I didn't feel up to messing with the source to compile the .91
gui).  The most recent rpm's (Common, GUI, and Default-Skin) are version
.90, and...

I have a strange error that occurs ONLY with Quicktime movies (.mov).  I can
play them just fine, but they always crash with exit code 11.  (have not yet
compiled with --enable-debug)  I can play them, and if they crash, I just
start it up again.  BUT!...  If they DON'T crash after playing (remember,
quicktimes only), then I can play any other movie file...  But if I dare
touch another .mov file, BOOM.  exit code 11, please something something,
see DOCS/bugreport or something...

I've been quite busy with work, and my head is apparently not on straight,
so, my question is...

What is up with this?  Is it a GUI version incompatibility?  It can't be a
CPU/FPU/memory problem, because I can play everything else just fine...
Since I slapped the .90 gui and common and default-skin rpm's on there,
would that conflict (within reason) with the v.91 source?

Quite annoying, as I have no clue what's going on, or how to fix it... (ok
ok, don't yell, I've got like 5 minutes to type this, then I gotta leave for
work...)  Has this happened to anyone else?  Repro? (cuz it's the same,
every time... (10x trying, and counting...))

Any suggestions, or help in figuring out what could be wrong is greatly
appreciated.

---
Jamie