[MPlayer-users] [wish] How to query what configure options was used compiling the binary?

zimon@iki.fi zimon at niksula.hut.fi
Sun Aug 24 20:02:34 CEST 2003

Is there some way to query from MPlayer binary program, what configure
options were used when the binary was made?

I mean all these --enable-* and --disable-* settings 'configure --help'
shows what can be chosen when compiling.

One way is to look 'ldd /usr/bin/mplayer' and guess, but it would be good
if for example -v option would show those options with the same keywords they
are in 'configure --help', ie:

$ /usr/bin/mplayer -v
Enabled: devfs, dynamicplugins, joystick, xmms, fame, directfb, fbdev, ...
Disabled: cpuruntimedetection, mencoder, ftp, fastmemcpy, xmms, ...

There are many MPlayer*.rpm packages out there in the Net, and very often
one would want to know what options were used when compiling. The .spec
file in the *.src.rpm package may not tell either, as the spec file
may have options also; like Freshrpm packages have --with and --without
options which futher are used in --enable-* and --disable-* options
in the configure stage.

After configure, those settings are in config.h file, so maybe config.c
would be the logical place. (Yeah, I know, *show me the patch*.)

//	z