[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Lock up when resuming after long pause on removable media

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Mon Aug 25 17:59:08 CEST 2003

Hi,

This bug has been in mplayer for ages and it can be really annoying.  When I
play a file direct from CD (either unmounted with -dvd or mounted and playing
an actual file from the CD) if I pause mplayer for long enough, then my DVD
drive spins down and upon resuming playback mplayer plays out the rest of the
buffer (~1 sec) and then locks up at the point where the CD/DVD should spin
up again.  I have to use kill -9 to get out of it, and I get a message saying
it received the signal in 'seek'.  I can then run mplayer again which spins
up the drive and starts playing again fine (but if the drive spins down again
the same problem occurs.)

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Cheers,
Adam.