[MPlayer-users] Matrox G400 DH

Thomas Malt tm at linpro.no
Wed Aug 27 11:18:36 CEST 2003

Massimo <q-continuum at libero.it> writes:

> I like have some hints for my matrox G400 DH.
> I see the tv on secondary head but the cpu is used over 60-70%.
> It's not very bad but I like have more cpu for other apps.
>
> mplayer 0.90
> xfree 4.2.1
> kernel 2.4.21
> cpu duron 1000
>
> mplayer -tv on:driver=v4l:width=720:height=576:input=1:norm=PAL -vop
> lavcdeint -vo x11
                ^^^

Why do you use -vo x11 instead of -vo xv? You should follow the
instructions in the documentation for Matrox G400 cards and use the
excellent mga_vid.o module for accelerated video output.

x11 is a software renderer which does not utilize the hardware
capabilities of your video card at all.

Hint: RTFM ;)

Thomas
--