[MPlayer-users] Can mencoder write partial files while encoding?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Aug 28 21:27:03 CEST 2003

On 28 Aug 2003, Erik Slagter wrote:
| Tilmann has made a patch on my request to fix this issue. If you have a
| giant avi with mjpeg video, avisplit is able to split it (have patience
| though). The cvs version has the patch applied.

Does this mean that I will have to use mjpeg instead of DivX for encoding into
a .avi file?  I hope I mis-understood. You do know that this causes extremely
bigger files?

Instead: If you mean that mencoder will learn to write multiple files and
enumerate them, this is good news. Surely I will wait and be patient in this
case.

Could you, please, clearify?

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch