[MPlayer-users] Commercial detection (was: Re: Can mencoder write partial files w hile encoding?)

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Fri Aug 29 14:41:06 CEST 2003

Rainer Hantsch wrote:
> Ok, now somebody will - again - point me to avidemux, but this thing does not
> work. I tried to install multiple different rpm's with absolutely no success.
> All binaries are compiled agains some strange libraries and therefore I would
> have to replace a lot of my system. -> This I will surely do NOT, my system
> works fine!

Have you at least tried to compile it from source? Earlier versions were
pretty crappy but for last few months, avidemux works for me - at least
  cutting the commercials out without reencoding. This enough for me, as
the keyframe detection puts the keyframes at the positions where needed.

> I also do not understand why all this GUI things are often made especially for
> KDE. If they would be for X11, they would run on nearely every LINUX!

Try to code some a little more compliceted GUI app using Athena and then
using KDE/Qt and you'll understand. Anyway, for most KDE apps you need
just kdelibs and Qt. I run plain fvwm2 and it doesn't keep me from using
KDE based apps.

--
Jindrich Makovicka