[MPlayer-users] Cutter-Tool... (was: Commercial detection (was: Re: Can mencoder write partial files w hile encoding?))

Pferdekaemper, Thorsten thorsten.pferdekaemper at sap.com
Fri Aug 29 14:46:33 CEST 2003

But I do not only want to cut the commercials, but also skip some stuff at the beginning and at the end. I always record 5 to 10 minutes more, 'cause they are not really reliable in their start and stop times. (I mean the TV stations...)

> Y E S ! ! ! ! !  This is absolutely true. I wonder all the time that
> nothing
> like this exists. mplayer and mencoder should normally include everything
> what
> is needed for that - only a really usable GUI is missing, which allows to
> browse through the video frame by frame and set clippoints....

If this really doesn't exist, it's because nobody has developed it yet. Perhaps you should start to do so. It seems that you really would appreciate this.
Mencoder should stay a command line tool. I think that's ok. The only thing missing is an easy way to create EDL files. I thought mplayer has a feature to create such files, but you can not really set the in and out points exactly by frame, but I am not really sure.

> I also do not understand why all this GUI things are often made especially
> for
> KDE. If they would be for X11, they would run on nearely every LINUX!

Not on mine. Mostly, I am running no X at all. (If I want "klickibunti", I use MS...) I would like a tool which I could use from a console in framebuffer mode.

Regards,
	Thorsten