[MPlayer-users] controlling MPlayer size and position

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Sun Aug 31 23:36:51 CEST 2003

On Monday 01 September 2003 00:06, Matt Ficken wrote:
> how can I control an mplayer window's size and position.
-geometry x[%][:y[%]] or [WxH][+x+y]
RTFM.
> I know that there are command line options (-screenh,-screenw) to control
> its width but those options (-screenh & -screenw) don't work for me on the
> xv, sdl, or x11 video outputs.
-screenw <pixels> -screenh <pixels>
If you use an output driver which can't know the resolution of the screen
(fbdev/x11 and/or TVout) this is where you can specify the horizontal and
vertical resolution.

FTFM (from the fucking manual) :)
Dunno though why one couldn't get resolution with x11...
> Also, I don't know of anything that is supposed to set its position.

-rzei