[MPlayer-users] "open dvd" menu item missing

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue Dec 2 16:37:48 CET 2003

Okay -- let me try this again:

--------------

Hello:

I am running MPlayer 1.0pre2. It was compiled with dvd support, and I am
able to play DVDs from the command-line.

A colleague in my office can play DVDs from his gui; he has an "open"
option in the menu that gives a flyout menu where he can choose "dvd".

I only have an "open file" item. When I try to access the drive, it
fails to work. When I mount the drive, I can see the files, but when I
try to play them Mplayer throws errors like crazy and I get junk in the
display window.

I've tried to find a reference to this in the archives, but without
success. Does anybody have an idea how I can correct this?

Cheers,

Stephen