[MPlayer-users] mencoder encoding with corrunpted slices

jm jm at transact.com.au
Fri Dec 5 01:05:52 CET 2003

mencoder version: "MEncoder 1.0pre2-RPM-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team"

I'm attempting to encode an MPEG-2 TS to MPEG-4 with following small
script.

#!/bin/bash
INFILE=clip1.mts
OUTFILE=test.avi
VF="scale=768:576,lavcdeint"
AVCOPTS="vcodec=mpeg4:v4mv:vhq:keyint=50:vbitrate=1400"
LAMEOPTS="abr=128"

mencoder -vf $VF -ovc lavc -lavcopts $AVCOPTS:vpass=1 \
-oac mp3lame -lameopts $LAMEOPTS -o $OUTFILE $INFILE
mencoder -vf $VF -ovc lavc -lavcopts $AVCOPTS:vpass=2 \
-oac mp3lame -lameopts $LAMEOPTS -o $OUTFILE $INFILE

The source file (clip1.mpg) contains broken slices which are encoded
faithfully and reproduced in the out file (test.avi). I was wondering if
there was a switch that would allow mencoder to ignore these
corruptions. This seems to be possible as xine and vlc don't display the
broken slices when playing the source file, yet mplayer does.

Failing a cli option, is there a filter that can be used to get the same
result?

thanks in advance,
Jeff.