[MPlayer-users] av sync problems dvd->divx w/lavc and 3 pass

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Tue Dec 9 23:41:12 CET 2003

>> [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of
>> Aaron Peterson
> [...]
>> > Are you using TV out and passing the sound through
>> something that can
>> > introduce audio lag? I recently tried passing both audio and video
>> > through my DVD-recorder, passing video from there to the TV, and the
>> > audio through an amp. The DVD recorder, for some reason, introduced
>> > exactly the kind of lag on the sound you're speaking of.
> [...]
>> nope i'm pulling straight from the dvd in a dvd-rom drive on
>> the computer
>> doing the encoding as is shown in the mencoder commands i
> I was not referring to the encoding process, which might be/probably is
> quite ok. I was referring to your playback setup, the physical cabling
> and devices involved.
>
> HR

ahh, i understand.  i tried playback on the same pc i did the encoding on,
with mplayer, where audio out on the pc runs to the AUX audio in on a BOSE
stereo.  my other test is on a laptop with integrated speakers using
windows media player and i'm not sure the lag is the same which could mean
you are right.  sorry for showing my a*s :)  i'll check further on this,
who would have thunk?