[MPlayer-users] av sync problems dvd->divx w/lavc and 3 pass

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Wed Dec 10 00:25:11 CET 2003

>>> something that can

>>> nope i'm pulling straight from the dvd in a dvd-rom drive on
>>> the computer
>>> doing the encoding as is shown in the mencoder commands i

>> I was not referring to the encoding process, which might be/probably is
>> quite ok. I was referring to your playback setup, the physical cabling
>> and devices involved.
>>
>> HR

> ahh, i understand.  i tried playback on the same pc i did the encoding on,
> with mplayer, where audio out on the pc runs to the AUX audio in on a BOSE
> stereo.  my other test is on a laptop with integrated speakers using
> windows media player and i'm not sure the lag is the same which could mean
> you are right.  sorry for showing my a*s :)  i'll check further on this,
> who would have thunk?

i'm connected straight into some pc speakers now using mplayer and i still
have to manually adjust the av delay to 300ms to get it right.  On windows
media player on the laptop, the sync is still wrong.  It doesn't seem as
pronounced, but since I can't find any sync adjustments for win media
player, i don't know if the offset is exactly the same.

Aaron