[MPlayer-users] -nograbpointer problem (NOVIRUS)

Robert Waldner waldner at waldner.priv.at
Wed Dec 10 00:49:07 CET 2003

Hi!

I'm under the impression that

       -nograbpointer
              Do not grab  mouse  pointer  after  VidMode  change
              (-vm), useful for multihead setup.

 should solve my problem. Which is: I want to watch a video on the TV
 (which runs dualhead (two device-entries in XF86COnfig-4) on an nvidia
 card), and simultaneously work "normally" on the CRT.
 mplayer (Debian mplayer-k7 1.0-pre1.0), however, grabs and locks
 the pointer on the TV, regardless of -nograbpointer or not. I start
 the video with "DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer -vo sdl -fs -vm -nograbpointer".
 Once I get out of fullscreen mode I can control the pointer as usual.

Any hints on how I could get this working (other than not watching the
 video in fullscreen)?

cheers+TIA,
&rw
--
-- "Optimismus ist ein Symptom massiven Informationsmangels."