[MPlayer-users] -nograbpointer problem (NOVIRUS)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Wed Dec 10 02:16:06 CET 2003

> mplayer (Debian mplayer-k7 1.0-pre1.0), however, grabs and locks
> the pointer on the TV, regardless of -nograbpointer or not. I start
> the video with "DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer -vo sdl -fs -vm -nograbpointer".
> Once I get out of fullscreen mode I can control the pointer as usual.

Well, for what it's worth, I use -vo xv and don't have this problem at all.  I
do however run mplayer on my default screen (:0.0) with no mode changes, but
moving the mouse to my secondary screen (:0.1) and using ICQ or whatever is
fine.

Incidentally, as with most programs you can use the -display option instead of
changing the environment variable, i.e. "mplayer -display :0.1 -vo ..."

Cheers,
Adam.