[MPlayer-users] standalone DVD-player that plays mencoded AVIs

Matthias Czapla dermatsch at gmx.de
Wed Dec 10 20:43:26 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 06:43:48PM +0100, Carsten Koch wrote:
> Matthias Czapla wrote:
> >Can anyone recommend a DVD-player which has no problems with avi files
> >produced by mencoder using lavc and mp3 codecs? Other features are not
> >important. I have a huge collection of mencoded movies and my girlfriend
> >wants a DVD-player for christmas. It would be nice if it would play not
> >just
> >DVDs but the mentioned AVIs also.
>
> See the other thread about the Xoro HSD 400.
>
> It plays my mencoder-encoded DIVX videos as long as they do not
> exceed 720x576 resolution.
>
> It is very cheap, see
>
> http://reichelt.de/...

This one looks really good. I just came back from Blödmarkt, looking for the
Loomax Divx-DVD X-50, which was recommended at vcdhelp but unfortunately
they dont have them any more. I would really like to test it with some of my
files before buying but unless I find something else here in a shop I'll
take the Xoro.

> and has some very impressive features for a player of that price.
> Can you believe that it even does PAL-Progressive (576p) via its
> VGA output?

Im not sure I need this :)
The player will only be connected to the TV (through Scart I suppose).
But thank you very much for the information.

Regards
Matthias