[MPlayer-users] standalone DVD-player that plays mencoded AVIs

jzaw jz at w.dnsalias.org
Thu Dec 11 02:08:24 CET 2003

On Wednesday, Dec 10, 2003, at 13:24 Europe/London, Matthias Czapla
wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a DVD-player which has no problems with avi files
> produced by mencoder using lavc and mp3 codecs? Other features are not
> important. I have a huge collection of mencoded movies and my
> girlfriend
> wants a DVD-player for christmas. It would be nice if it would play
> not just
> DVDs but the mentioned AVIs also.

how about an xbox ... yeah I know ... /me spits and curses
  ... chip it ... and install linux
what a great retribution knowing the h/w is highly subsidised cos its
intended to run xbox games but you get a good (-ish) linux platform all
for about £99 + £20 for the chip!

then you KNOW  it will play your avi ... cos itll be running mplayer :-)

youll even be able to reboot it bacl to xbox and play halo should  you
really want to ;-)

Zaw