[MPlayer-users] mencoder a/v out of sync DVD->Divx

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Fri Dec 12 20:50:33 CET 2003

Le vendredi 12 décembre 2003, 12:41:33 ou environ D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> a écrit:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:54:51PM +0100, Alain Barthélemy wrote:
> > SuSE-8.2 Kernel-2.4.20
> > AMD-Athlon Pro2000+
> > 512Mb Ram
> > mplayer-1.0.pre1
> >
> > Still a/v not synchronised (sound delayed)
> >
> > mencoder dvd://1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq -oac mp3lame -lameopts
> > br:abr=128:vol=5 -alang fr -o test.avi
>
> Try with cbr audio. Yes this sucks, but it might help isolate the
> problem. If a/v sync is fixed with cbr audio, then downgrading your
> lame to 3.90 will probably make it with with vbr/abr too.
>
> Rich

Thank you for your suggestion and to Nico too.

With -oac copy : no change
With: abr -> cbr I still have 1 second or less sound delay (better than before,
now the lips are almost on phase with the sound)(I have three dropped frames at
the beginnaing of encoding if it means something). -delay -1 does not change
anything.

What do you means with "yes this sucks" and why should a latest version of Lame
bring problem?

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be