[MPlayer-users] AVI 2 SVCD

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sun Dec 14 10:53:32 CET 2003

keyint=132 may result in a too long GOP
The standard for PAL DVD  is 15, but you might experience a better
compression/quality ratio increasing it to some value like 75 (3 seconds,
in my experience it's a good compromise, but you should make some test
to see how long a GOP your player can handle).

lavc's mp2 seems to be far more compatible than ac3, and it doesn't sound
bad at
all (at least on the players I tested).

I suggest you to remux the mpeg file you get out of  mplayer with
dvb-mplex (in package libdvb-0.5.3) that you can find here:
www.metzlerbros.de