[MPlayer-users] mencoder ignoring cmdline bitrate options?

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sun Dec 14 11:09:36 CET 2003

I bet your logfile is full of binary junk (as it happens to me sometimes),
this will explain the second pass made with q=2 (like the first pass).

If your original file is short or if you can reproduce the bug with little
time and small files
you should report this issue to xvid.org devel forum (to me it happened only
with 5+ GB files
at the end of the first pass).

In the mean time you can work it around adding -endpos <time_pos>
where time_pos is the length of the movie - few seconds.

Nico