[MPlayer-users] eq2 saturation problems

Sat Dec 27 19:21:37 CET 2003

I just noticed that eq2 has some problems with color when changing
saturation. I can't provide clear example, maybe someone familiar with
that filter will check it, but here is how I see it: when using eq2 and
changing saturation from zero to +1 or -1 (maximum range is -1000-1000),
color changes incorrectly. Withoug eq2 and with -vo xv, when using
hardware saturation correction, everything is all right: no difference
could be seen between -1, 0 and +1 levels, but with eq2, image becomes
more greenish or something like that when changing from 0 both to levels
+1 and -1. Maybe eq2 has precision problems in code that alters
saturation, I don't know. The changes are very subtle and visible only
on some pars of videos.

--

Vladimir