[MPlayer-users] How to turn off autosensed resampling

jimmybgood at cox.net jimmybgood at cox.net
Wed Jan 1 18:10:54 CET 2003

Mplayer insists on resampling everything it plays for me to 48000Hz.  My
sound card, (ESS 1869 clone PCI) plays the clip at its intended sample
rate, so everything is played slow.  I get around the problem by
starting mplayer, noting the original sample rate (for example 44100),
stopping and then restarting with -aop list=resample:fout=44100. If all
my video and audio clips were sampled at 44100 this would not be a
problem, but they aren't, so it is.

My guess is that mplayer detects my pathetic little built-in sound chip
(SIS 7012) either during compilation or run-time, notes that it can only
play at 48000 and then resamples to compensate for the sound chip's
inaduquacy.  But I'm not using the built-in sound chip for serious
audio, I use the PCI card.

Does anyone here know of a run-time option to turn off resampling or a
configure option I can pass during compilation to disable auto-sensed
resampling?