[MPlayer-users] muxer layer and stuff

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Jan 4 12:01:45 CET 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:11:23 +0200 (EET)
Tuukka Toivonen <tuukkat at ees2.oulu.fi> wrote:

> This is exactly what I did mean. Drop file write output from mplayer (it
> looks like a hack to me anyway) and implement good output file format
> support to mencoder (raw video/audio, mpeg stream, avi, asf, mov...)

This is exactly what it's currently done with the new muxer layer,
though it's still ongoing work and at the moment a stable 0.90 release
is more important. I expect that one of the developer rewrites the
current muxer stuff after the next release (how it was planed long ago).

The file write capabilities of mplayer were introduced long before mencoder
existed (ie it's historical) and for some stuff it's still needed as mencoder
cant do it yet itself. But it's not actively developed anymore.

So please be a bit patient, we know what you want and what you need,
it'll be written as soon as the developers get some time.

			Attila Kinali

--
Emacs ist für mich kein Editor. Für mich ist das genau das gleiche, als wenn
ich nach einem Fahrrad (für die Sonntagbrötchen) frage und einen pangalaktischen