[MPlayer-users] encoding audio in vorbis format

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sun Jan 5 13:14:50 CET 2003

Hi, is it possible to encode movies with a audio vorbis format? This
will enable a better quality at the same bitrate (at least I've read
this on the internet) but more important will give the opportunity to
preserve multichannel audio; mp3 only supports two audio channels, ac3
many but it's huge.

Also, it should be possible to insert ad many soundtracks as we want -
currently adding more that one audio track, especially if it's VBR, it's
very difficult.

P.S. perhaps this is already possible on the current version of mencoder
but I didn't find the correct switch to turn on vorbis audio encoding

thank you
bye

as