[MPlayer-users] 30fps->25fps works, 23->25 doesn't

Sascha Schumann sascha at schumann.cx
Sun Jan 5 15:27:03 CET 2003

>     This is apparently caused by dvavi reading 0 sized blocks
>     from the AVI stream and mishandling them (I don't know
>     whether these are valid blocks).
>
>     When I add a check to skip these empty blocks, the video
>     stream becomes usable, but the audio stream is far off (it is
>     stretched, like playing a 32khz signal at 16khz).

    I just tried a 2 channel movie as a source and it worked
    immediately, including the audio.  The described "stretching"
    effect only happens when using a movie with a single channel.

    Should not the PCM track format for 2 channels be the same,
    regardless of how many channels the source had?

    Using this cmdline now:

        mencoder "$in" -o $out -ovc libdv -oac pcm \
            -vop scale=720:576 -ofps 25 -srate 32000 -channels 2

    - Sascha