[MPlayer-users] 30fps->25fps works, 23->25 doesn't

Sascha Schumann sascha at schumann.cx
Sun Jan 5 14:42:58 CET 2003

    Further into the debug process, it looks like mencoder is
    triggering bug(s) in dvavi -- or at least dvavi is not
    tolerant enough with regard to interpreting the AVI.

    When increasing the frames per second rate using mencoder,
    I'll see the following output using "mplayer -v 1" on the raw
    DV stream:

    warning! audio framesize differs! read=144000  hdr=120000 0.0% 0 1 0%
    warning! audio framesize differs! read=144000  hdr=120000 0.0% 0 4 0%
    (etc.)

    This is apparently caused by dvavi reading 0 sized blocks
    from the AVI stream and mishandling them (I don't know
    whether these are valid blocks).

    When I add a check to skip these empty blocks, the video
    stream becomes usable, but the audio stream is far off (it is
    stretched, like playing a 32khz signal at 16khz).

    Any ideas?

    - Sascha