[MPlayer-users] Re: Doc's Suggestion

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Mon Jan 6 18:50:06 CET 2003

Gerhard Strangar writes:
 :: "Dean S. Messing" wrote:
 ::
 :: > the info system (w/in Emacs).  If I need to read the intricate details
 :: > of IEEE floating point signaling w/in Glibc I can be there in under
 :: > 7 seconds.  I'd still be waiting for Netscape or Mozilla to simply
 :: > come up and get to the bookmark in that time.
 ::
 :: HTML can be viewed with lynx, links, midnight commander, ... And there
 :: are lots of tools that can convert HTML to ASCII.

I haven't used lynx but I doubt (with absolutely no factual basis :-)
that it has the fast incremental search capability the Emacs/Info has.

But your remark on using a tool to convert HTML to ascii may go a long
way to to getting the current docs into texinfo format.  I'll look
into this (in my copious amounts of free time :-).

Dean