[MPlayer-users] About future MPlayer developements (for Árpád Gereöffy if you have time !)

Shaun Green greensh at US-Huntsville.mail.saic.com
Mon Jan 6 19:53:37 CET 2003

>From reports from 'Winders' savvy friends, they tend to like Winamp with
AVI plugin the best. Zoom player used to be the best, but it doesn't
play the audio generated by mencoder or avidemux when you search through
the AVI.

So, Winamp is the only Winders player I've seen that even plays mencoder
AVI's correctly.

But in my opinion, Winders is mainly a gaming OS anyway, and shouldn't
be used for much else esp. like important work. Once the registry gets
corrupt, that's it; you have to reinstall everything unless you have a
ghost image.

Shaun