[MPlayer-users] geometry option working?

Mark Zealey mark at zealos.org
Sat Jan 11 15:06:08 CET 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 12:56:36AM +1100, Darryl Luff wrote:

> Hi, I've been trying to use the -geometry xx:yy option to
> mplayer/gmplayer, but it seems to be ignored. Whatever I specify the
> video window comes up center screen. I've tried all the supported -vo
> options for my machine but it doesn't seem to make a difference. And I
> tried putting geometry = 100:100 into ~/.mplayer/config and it didn't
> make any difference.
>
> In the source (geometry.c) there is an error message that should be
> displayed if the -geometry format is wrong, and the player should exit,
> but that isn't happening. Even if I specify \mplayer -geometry
> somerubbish ...'. It's like the geometry code isn't being called at all.
>
> I'm using the RPMS's from freshrpms.net on redhat 8.

It's only used by a few vo drivers, i think at the moment it's only fbdev,
tdfxfb and xv. it's easy enough to add to other drivers, but i don't know them
well enough to do it really. (xv was added recently so you may need a newer
version of mplayer to use it (cvs is good))

--

Mark Zealey (aka JALH on irc.oftc.net: #zealos and many more)
mark at zealos.org; mark at itsolve.co.uk