[MPlayer-users] using mencoder to create raw data .avi

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Jan 15 19:01:02 CET 2003

I know this is RTFM question so please forgive my asking.
But this is an emergency (demo in three hours to some important people).

Would someone give me the commandline I need to use to get Mencoder
to create an uncompressed .avi file (hopefully playable by MPlayer :-)
from a sequence of raw .rgb frames

Also tell me how the rgb needs to be  organised in the raw rgb frames.
I can make it anything you say.  The data is 8-bits per colour plane.
Also I can concatinate the raw frames all together or put leave
them seperate.

Thanks a million.
Dean

                              Dean S. Messing
                              Display Algorithms & Visual Optimization Lab
                              Information Systems Technologies Dept.
                              Sharp Laboratories of America
                      E-Mail: deanm at sharplabs.com

P.S. On my honour, I promise (when I get half an hour) to look up every
     commandline switch you give me and understand what it does and
     read the docs for Mencoder.  But I simply can't right now.