[MPlayer-users] using mencoder to create raw data .avi

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 15 20:46:10 CET 2003

Hi,

> I know this is RTFM question so please forgive my asking.
> But this is an emergency (demo in three hours to some important people).
>
> Would someone give me the commandline I need to use to get Mencoder
> to create an uncompressed .avi file (hopefully playable by MPlayer :-)
> from a sequence of raw .rgb frames

mplayer/mencoder cannot handle raw rgb image files yet, it support png,
jpeg and tga formats for images only. anyway it should be easy to hack
demux_mf.c to handle them, probably the same way as png but set fourcc
to IMGFMT_RGB24

> Also tell me how the rgb needs to be  organised in the raw rgb frames.
> I can make it anything you say.  The data is 8-bits per colour plane.

RGBRGBRGB... 8 bit each, 24 per pixel packed

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team