[MPlayer-users] Problems playing Wolf Rain ep2 [keep-anbu] (divx5 encode)

frizop at charter.net frizop at charter.net
Thu Jan 16 15:29:38 CET 2003

	I am trying to get this avi file to play, and I've talked to friends
who say i MUST use the Divx codec to play it else, it will be garbled
and unreadable. I know mplayer uses ffdshow or ffd something by default
to play Divx encodes now my question is, has anybody gotten the opendivx
codec to work with mplayer?

I've tryed to downlaod and install the opendivx codec like this

root at l33t:/home/jidar/divx4linux-20020418# ls
DivX MPEG-4 Codec and Its Interface.pdf  decore.h   install.sh
libdivxencore.so
RELNOTES.linux                           encore2.h  libdivxdecore.so
license.txt
root at l33t:/home/jidar/divx4linux-20020418# ./install.sh
root at l33t:/home/jidar/divx4linux-20020418# ldconfig

but is there some special option I need to pass off to mplayer to get it
to work?

--Nathan