[MPlayer-users] Matrox G400 question

Jeremy Brenner jeremy at theedge.net
Sat Jan 18 03:46:32 CET 2003

I just obtained a matrox G400 Dual head AGP w/ tv-out dongle.  I would
like to use this as a headless settop video player with a web frontend
to be controlled via a handheld wireless device that I already own.  I
know that with the framebuffer support I can play accelerated video
without X, but will I be able to do it without being logged into the
tty?  will I be able to spit video to the device like I can with my
dxr3?  I didn't really see any info to clarify this point in TFM but I
also know that this is a question I should be attempting to answer
myself, unfortunately I lack the hardware to test this just yet.  Any
help would be appreciated.. also is there a way to adjust the overscan
on this? My dxr3 overscans too far so I lose hardcoded subtitles off the
edges of the screen(no remedy yet in site exept for this beauty). I'm
hoping the framebuffer will be much more effecient than the lavc mpeg
hack that is necessary for the dxr3 to work.  blah blah blah.. ok i quit
TIA for any NFO... and I'll be R'ingTFM.
--
Jeremy Brenner <jeremy at theedge.net>