[MPlayer-users] Matrox G400 question

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jan 18 04:37:55 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 08:46:32PM -0600, Jeremy Brenner wrote:
> I just obtained a matrox G400 Dual head AGP w/ tv-out dongle.  I would
> like to use this as a headless settop video player with a web frontend
> to be controlled via a handheld wireless device that I already own.  I
> know that with the framebuffer support I can play accelerated video
> without X, but will I be able to do it without being logged into the
> tty?  will I be able to spit video to the device like I can with my

Yes, fbdev and mga vo's run perfectly fine without beint attached to a
virtual console. You'll probably want -vo mga.

> help would be appreciated.. also is there a way to adjust the overscan
> on this? My dxr3 overscans too far so I lose hardcoded subtitles off the
> edges of the screen(no remedy yet in site exept for this beauty). I'm

This should be possible by changing your video timings manually, at
least for horizontal correction. I have no idea how you adjust
vertical 'overscan' without just rescaling the picture (which is
certainly an option for both horizontal and vertical).

Rich